Friday, September 24, 2010

Summer, Summer, Go AWAY!


I know I will probably regret feeling this way in January or February when it's cold, snowy, and icy or all three but I'm going to say it anyway. I hate summer and I want it to be gone. Our house is comfortable and I've been hiding out in it since Springtime, when it first got hot and the humidity passed 50%. The folks on TV love to go on about records but this one didn't surprise me: Summer 2010 in the northeast U.S., was the hottest since 1871, when official meteorological record keeping commenced. I had a bad feeling about it when the temperatures at the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival--always the first weekend in May--was 98 degrees. And, as for that argument about the Humidity VS. Heat, I just don't go there. I think they both suck.

No comments: