Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Sweet Treat


Today was my day off and I spent it, as I often do, doing some knitting while listening to a book on my iPod. Molly was sleeping soundly on the bed and I was so absorbed that we failed to notice that the UPS man had paid us a visit. Ordinarily, Molly lets the entire neighborhood know when he comes but today, she snored through it all. When I went out on the porch for the mail there was a huge box from King Arthur Flour company. Recently, I'd shared with one of my longtime friends that I've often thought of getting one of their donut baking pans and for a birthday surprise, she ordered me a whole boatload of donut baking goodies: a pan, donut mix, various sugar toppings, icing mix, even a little teddy bear sugar shaker. It was so lovely!

I thought I'd wait til after dinner to make donuts for hubby and me, but I didn't make it so, behold...my sweet trip to the holey land.

3 comments:

PJH said...

Trish, what a delightful trip to the holey land... Glad you had a good time with the doughnut supplies- Thanks for being a baker! P.J. Hamel, King ArthurFlour

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I miss the good old days when you would have brought those beauties into the office to share. Miss you lots! Joo-deee

catenasart said...

Nice buns, Hon! You even got the attention from the Court of King Arthur Flour! Perhaps that donut shoppe shouldn't be limited to the confines of your home or your virtual kitchen. Pass me a snowy white, please, thanks!