Monday, April 6, 2009

My Springtime February Lady


Here's what became of the yarn I bought at A Good Yarn. My first February Lady Sweater was by the book. The only modification that I made to the pattern was to go down one needle size on the sleeves to cut down on the width. On this one, I decided to make the sleeves short and to add a shawl collar. The sleeve modification was easy because I simply continued the garter stitch on DP's until I thought they were the right length.

The collar was an entirely different story and I couldn't have done it without the detailed directions left on the Ravelry by "Darkandstormyday." This ingenius young knitter posted a picture of her own FLS in the project files and also explained exactly how she had added a short-row collar. I've read much about short row shaping but, with the exception of sock heels, I really had no idea how to go about it. In fact, I wouldn't even have considered using this method to construct a collar!

No comments: