Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm a Fairy Spinmother!


Recently, I read a post on Ravelry, from someone who wanted to learn to spin and I just happened to know that a spinning meet-up was going to be in her area the following weekend. I was planning on attending and invited her to come. In the meantime, she called to RSVP and discovered that the hostess also gave lessons. By the time of the gathering, the young lady had already taken a lesson and secured a loaner wheel. When we all departed after the spin-in, she’d spun two bobbins of singles, plied them and had a full skein of her first yarn ready to wash, whack, and knit. I was so proud!!! This is the anniversary of my first year spinning and I couldn’t have gotten a nicer gift!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice feeling to help nurture someone's newfound interest and creativity with your own passion and insight! You are a Fairy Spinmother! Now while you spin some more yarn, don't forget the yarns we like to read...