Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Alpaca Lace


Recently, the girls from Stash and Burn reviewed "A Fine Fleece" by Lisa Lloyd and spoke very highly of the patterns, so when I was in one of the big bookstores, I decided to check it out. They were right. The patterns are of a traditional nature--lots of squarish sweaters with Aran type stitch details--and there were only one or two that I couldn't see myself making and wearing. I don't usually buy knitting books but I decided that this one was a good candidate for my library. Here's a photo of the lace scarf I just finished (but haven't blocked) from the book. It's made from the cream colored Suri that I purchased from the alpaca farm.

1 comment:

catenasart said...

Lace... a favorite item. In the time it takes me to post a comment, you've probably knitted another scarf or sweater. This Alpaca Lace Scarf looks so yummy and soft, not to mention warm!