Wednesday, December 3, 2008

October Girl Wears February Lady

My February Lady is finished and here's a photo of Julie modelling it for me. This has been one of the best projects I've ever done and I wouldn't have made it at all if Marnie, from Frivolous Fibers hadn't had the sample in her shop. She used a cotton blend from Blue Heron and, although it was drop-dead gorgeous, I wasn't in the mood for another cotton project. When she showed me the Dream in Color Classy, it was all over. I was totally in love. I'd heard so much about DIC but had never seen it. I've never seen tonal colorways that were so lively. This one is called, Happy Forest, and it's really quite a bright green but the tones of blue in it keep it from looking like a four leaf clover.

The pattern was also a joy to work with.

1 comment:

The Un-Runner said...

Hi! I'm Cyndi from www.MidShoreLife.com. Polly said you might be interested in writing for us? Excellent!

I can't find your email address - but you can email me through the Mid Shore website -I'd love to chat with you! (I'm also a relatively new knitter - working furiously to finish my first baby kimono!)

Thanks!
Cyndi